Monday, October 28, 2013

New, Old Friends


It's been at least two editions since I've tried Warhammer Fantasy.  Dark Elves was the first fantasy army that I had owned, so with the release of the new army book, I thought I'd slowly creep back into Fantasy and see how I do.  I picked up three boxes of the new warriors and a sorceress along with the new spell cards and army book and got to work.

The new warriors can be built as spearmen, swordsmen, or crossbowmen.  I figured, I'd start small, see if it keeps my interest and build out if I find it worth my time.  Total investment, so far: $160.50.

My local GW store has designated Friday nights as Beginner's night.  I can throw down with a small force against other newbies while I learn the ropes again.

My starting list:

Hero
  • Sorceress w/ Tome of Furion = 105

Core 
  • 10 Dreadspears w/ full command = 120
  • 10 Dreadspears w/ full command = 120
  • 10 Darkshards w/ full command = 150

Total = 495

I'm keeping this bare bones, so I can learn the basics all over again. I'm hoping to get the models built in the next week and at least get a game or two under my belt.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment